- April 9, 2020
- Posted by: FenceCore FenceCore
- Category: Our Team, Uncategorized
The Covid 19 virus has shifted the world we once knew. There are very few industries that remain untouched. The truth is, if we shift our mindset to a more positive and optimistic approach many of us will soon see that we have learned things, we may otherwise, would have never discovered. With that being said, here is a deep dive into the world of Information Technology (IT) and how this virus has impacted SMBs to large enterprises. Here are the top five things FenceCore IT Solutions has learned when taking a more holistic viewpoint to this virus.
- During the best of times, change management can be a very difficult thing to grasp. It doesn’t matter what industry you work in; many people generally don’t like change. However, when your back is up against a wall and you have no choice, change management doesn’t seem to be that tricky anymore. People are willingly adapting to the new environment. This leads us to the assumption that if people believe in the reason behind the change, there will be a much greater willingness to participate in the optimization process.
- Not every problem needs a meeting. This is something that has increased the efficiency of FenceCore. We now only have meetings when absolutely necessary. This doesn’t mean we don’t communicate and check in on one another, quite the opposite actually. People are in constant communication but we have streamlined our decision making process to ensure commitments are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Technology wins. With screen sharing and installing remote agents we have been able to support many of our customers with less on-site support. Granted on-site support is sometimes necessary, there is time and money to be saved with installing remote agents.
- Routine is essential. I am not saying it has to be the exact same routine you used to have, that would be pretty difficult to do; but develop a new routine, something that works for you and stick to it. People in general, thrive off routine and it’s important to keep that same level of consistency to stay motivated.
- There’s always something to do. If you are a technician, you can work on your certifications and try to add new skills to your repertoire. If you work in operations, this is the time to rework your procedures. If you work in HR, this is a great time to check in on employees and see how they are handling these new working conditions. Although your workload might seem reduced, check in with your supervisor or ask yourself the question, “how can I create value for my company?”
At the moment, these are the top 5 things FenceCore IT Solutions has learned during these trying times. If you have questions or concerns with regards to your IT Infrastructure, please reach out – we are here to help your business thrive during these uncertain times.